Wednesday, November 08, 2006

yo yo cyber democracy , bollocks

the weirdest thing about technology and its quest for the individual human product - we are so 'like' unique man- is that we just get to see how our ideas are totally replicatable and replicated take for example my little blog...
i typed lepocracy into google because i didnt want work people stumbling across my lame diatribe and lo and behold there is a band called - Leper Messiah with an album called Lepocracy, what are the fucking odds of that hey ? Not to mention that they appear to be heavy metal of which everyone, achmm the one person that reads this wil be aware of my absolute love of all things loud and heavy. Do you recon they typed leper Messiah into google and found my blog and named their album after it ? That'd be cool, I'd be chuffed, a heavy metal album in my name. rock. but it has made me a little bit more wary of posting stuff up here, some one might steal my ideas fuck my golden diamond crusted ideas could be peddled on a trash and treasure stall on the information superhighway... and well i thought about it and i dont really care, if some dodgy highschool student wants to submit a stolen crap short story and get five out of ten, let em. When lepocracy the movie comes out based on the lone, neurotic weblogs of a socially challenged human then perhaps we may have a problem.

http://www.bebo.com/grp/Grp.jsp?GrpTypeCd=BD&GrpId=1334056697

check it out, you recon they'd let me join?

allright so i havent written purposefully on here for a long time and I wonder why it is that i write on here at all. The myspace world of marketing/pickup joint is not lepocracy, im not writing to a group of friends so why the fuck let my thoughts and dumbass ruminations sit in a space which is randomly accesable and cut and pasteable. There is something 'Australian idol' about it, something pervasively reality tv show. When people, like me, who are loathe to talk to strangers but happy to allow a random internet trauller to enter my mental space, there is something going on. But like Mr Jones I dont know what it is. Why do i enter the world on the edges, never quite committed enough to popular culture to go to the centre but not so able to resist the lure. A techno curious luddite. A hermit suffering from a bout of gregarious. whatever it is i keep putting - delete my blog - on my things to do list but never do it.

I have finished university. my degree anyways. I have taken the same amount of time - infact two weeks longer than my close friend has taken to have three children. the same amount of time its taken the US to forget that they too never ratified the nuclear Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) (thanks wikipedia) and presumabley many other things that take seven years to complete that i could find on wiki if I could be bothered. My uni sent me a questionaire on "your views on how your Arts degree will make you employable" i love the age of marketing, the endless, badly worded, purpose specific, useless quest for a digitised sample from which to quote - WHY WE ARE HERE - to the sponsors, to the government, to the international students. My questionaire answers will provide none of these things. do you think your arts degree will get you a job, NO. But since when, well since howard really i guess, has education been soley about entering the market in an elevated position. Why the fuck has philosophy been so majorly important accross the world in its various forms, cultures and languages. Its not because it ever paid the fucking rent, well i guess it has from time to time but not nearly as reliabley as fishmongering or the like. Thinking, studying, exploring my ideas and others thats what i was there for and paying the rent thats what centrelink is for. Just because i am forced to buy this dumbed down education doesnt mean i want to sell it. Anyway rant rant. And as with the title of this not so considered ramble. Im over the internet and the bullshit postmodern cyber democracy, self congratulatory rubbish. technology is in the hands of much the same kind of humans that nuclear weapons and nonrenewable resources are in , cashed up white men, wheres the democracy in that aye? oh and while im on a ranty roll, whats with democracy, really i should stop bandying that word around like its some kind of of utopian prototype. Bah humbug. where am i going to focus my ire now that schools done?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home